In my ‘mom circles’ I’ve recently been seeing a lot of advertising for various kinds of body/belly applicator wraps. One brand called ItWorks describes their product as “non-woven cloth wrap that has been infused with a powerful, botanically-based formula to deliver maximum tightening, toning, and firming results where applied to the skin.” They run about $30-40 a wrap and you can even have wrap parties with all your friends. The idea sounded great especially since I’m very conscious about my post baby belly, but I’m also extremely skeptical of many of these companies. I figured there was probably a cheaper way, and I think I may have found it!
What you will need:
Vitamin E oil
Bathtub or shower
Moisturizer (I used Palmer’s Cocoa butter because I love the smell)
- Start by massaging the Vitamin E oil onto your stomach area. (Vitamin E is an antioxidant known for its benefits to skin and liquid form does a fantastic job at moisturizing)
- Then get some saran wrap, wrap your belly tight and tape!
- Now it’s time to wait…I waited about 1 1/2 hour before removing my wrap and I probably would not go past 2.
- After you remove your wrap you will be gross; so grab your sea salt and hop in the shower/bath. Rinse off your stomach and scrub with the sea salt. (Sea salt is great for exfoliating.)
- Once you’re out of the shower or bath, dry off and put on a moisturizer of your choice and voila!
I’m not exactly sure how the “official wraps” work, as it was hard finding any scientific information on the sites. I believe mine is a combination of vitamin E oil toning tightening while the wrap makes you sweat out water weight. It’s not permanent, but can definitely help the appearance of loose skin if done every couple weeks.
*I’d recommend drinking some water before because you don’t want to dehydrate yourself.